None of these is likely to happen at all. It's even safe to use the word never with a great amount of certainty; but I wanted to document them anyway, if for no other reason than rescue them from the exclusiveness of my mind:
- remove f.readlines(); list(f) is a clearer and more general replacement (source).
- rm os.system, os.popen* and relatives; we already have the subprocess module
- rid of all forms of string formatting, other than Advanced String Formatting; do it everywhere, including the logging module
- change module names to be PEP-compliant, everywhere
- remove lambda; it's not Pythonic, and just feels like a wart; it also does a good job of making Python code less readable
- change def keyword to func; it's more descriptive